Black History Month 2024
Sorry for taking long to make this blog I had another thing I was working on, and it took me a while to master it and complete it.
Well, anyway I want to explain the Month I felt went by really quick like any other Month and that Is Black History Month.
Black History Month has been a month that has happened to land in February a Month after Martin Luther King Day. The holiday has been honored and remembered and even celebrated for what Black people did like inventing rice and even the elevator, and even the impact on slavery from Harriett Tubman.
20 Years ago, I did a black history project on the Black Poet Paul Lawrence Dunbar, who had a great friendship with the Wright Brothers who invented airplanes. He was an iconic poet and was a bestselling poet and writer as well for an African American and was also a music writer as well as he wrote In Dahomey on February 18,1903. After his declining health and his passing his legacy, I am sure still lives on and the fact that i wrote about this guy back in 2004 in 6th grade was something I am glad I did.
Black History Month I remember in High School and Middle School celebrating the Big Month attending assemblies where they honored the event with dancing, speeches, choir performances, and even seeing history slideshows and hearing memorable songs. Black History Month I feel is important but don't feel like it is only celebrated on that Month. Continue to celebrate it and honor it.
Comments
Post a Comment